Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tribal Print Nail Tutorial

nail art. 
These graphic nails have gotten me many compliments and many questions on whether they're stickers or a stamp. And then I have to say "I painted them," which is just followed by confusion and disbelief. The thing is, they aren't even very difficult if you just take it step by step. Which, conveniently, I can show you.
First, paint your base coat. I chose to use black and white because I love the contrast and how striking it makes them, but you can use whatever colors float your little boat. Second, paint two intersecting corners. Just a little tip, make sure that you go past center because you want the little square created to be in the center. Sometimes I overlooked this just a little. Third, paint another "corner" (I really don't know what else to call this). Then paint a triangle inside of this and fill. Repeat both on bottom. Then paint little "M's" on the sides. Paint two triangles on each side inside of these. Finally, paint the dots (you could leave it without the dots if you wanted a little bit simpler of a design, I might try this in the future). And now, just repeat on the other nine fingers!
Ta-da! As you can see, on my ring finger I turned the design ninety degrees just to add a little bit of interest.  I also did this on the pointer finger of my right hand. I am sorry to not be showing you a picture of my right hand, this is not because it looks bad but because I had a little mishap while playing volleyball, SIX HOURS after I painted them (before taking the pictures of my whole hand) and so my pointer finger is smudged...but only the pointer finger got messed up. If I stop being lazy and fix it, I will take a picture of both hands together and update the post. 

Another side note, the whole time I was taking the pictures for the step-by-step tutorial, I was using my middle finger because that's the easiest one for me to paint so the whole time I was flicking off the camera. Oops. Just thought you might find that funny.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Your nails turned out fabulous! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete